Going away for a long weekend, wheeeee!!!
The usual question: what to pack?
One bag, as ever. Heck, if people can go around the world with one bag, I can jollywell go away for a long weekend with one. Review now updated now I’ve packed the bag…
Outer shell of self: layers of clothes, many of them worn on person inc waterproof outermost layer; one pair of shoes, solid waterproof suitable for walking but also vaguely chic; small foldable woolly hat and gloves; sunglasses and sunhat; e-reading device; a small mobile phone-web-camera device plus charger; antihistamines, first aid basics, mini sewing kit, handkerchief, toothbrush, face-cloth, some reusable cotton pads.
Face & body & hair products, head to toe, all decanted into smaller containers:
- shampoo = shampoo + face cleanser + body wash
- antioxidant layer
- multi-purpose oil
= face moisturiser + body moisturiser + hair oil (+ pre-cleaser, if need be, for sunscreen removal)
- multi-purpose balm
= lip balm + eye cream + hand cream
- sunscreen: BurnOut Ocean Tested SPF 30 (ZnO)
= face + eye-area + body sunscreen
- 2nd, stick, sunscreen: BurnOut SPF 30 coconut-flavour lip balm (ZnO)
= lip + eye area sunscreen
- deodorant (1): Naturally Fresh crystal rock spray (potassium alum aqu. soln.)
- deodorant (2): Desert Essence baby diaper cream / (later) Chagrin Valley solid deodorant cream
- Silk Naturals foundation, , decanted into sample jar (or, later, their Sleep In A Jar concealer) = eye concealer
- hairbrush, comb, lash-comb, mirror, nail-file, nail-scissors
All inside here:
Two reasons to love this bag:
1. the phrase “Portable Culture” on the name-brand-logo business on the front of a bag, and inside it,
WHAT DOES YOUR CARE LABEL SAY?
It says “Made in USA”, “Made in USA” in Chinese, and “Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.” (translation below)
“SIQUID MANTICA NON CAPIT, DOMI RELINQUENDUM EST.”?
Translation: If it doesn’t fit in your knapsack, leave it behind.
2. (label alas not in my own actual bag):
UPDATE: for more on that label, see some ridiculousness (2012-08-17)