A rag-tag bag of recent great hits, misses, flops, and painful belly-flops.
There was collected linkages and other conspiracies back on 2011-10-22. Jezebel picked up on a similar topic on 2011-11-03:
Some folly–and near-panic–on the Green Board:
Consensus of the sensible:
Delighted to see “correlation ≠ causation” in action here:
Ah yes, and who can forget:
In reverse chronological order, freshest first, and a bit tweaked to insert narrative flow (albeit completely fictitious):
- Jezebel: lawsuit alleges freaky McRib meat comes from mistreated animals
- Jezebel: terrible things await women who use mens razors says Gillette
- Fig+Sage: organic natural nail polish: not what you might be expecting from here!
- The Beauty Brains: Do cosmetics really cause cancer? and the comments, well worth while
- (ditto): how can I tell if I’m using enough antioxidants?
- Greenish eczema tips
- Jezebel: shut up PETA
- Jezebel: Schweddy Balls ice-cream disappears as mysteriously as it arrived
- Gawker: the shady marketing scheme that’s buying off your favorite bloggers
- Jezebel: how to tell if the hilarious link you’re sending your friends is way old; then again, old stuff can’t become classic, retro, or cult otherwise…
Now some more sensible ones, c/o Treehugger:
- Beyond Skin vegan shoes
- Eco-friendly leather alternatives
- A jacket that collects and cleans rainwater and stores it in your pockets
- Patagonia says “buy our stuff on eBay”: huzzah for anti-capitalism!
- World’s most expensive flip-flop will save rainforests; kind of matches the ice-cream of the other day quite nicely
An oldie but a goodie:
And a BEAUTY:
- Mineral Oil – Why it is BAD for you! (2011-05): Well worth a read. Right through the comments too. Nice instances of raw copy-pasting and mindless parroting, as contrasted with some actual proper citation, and research and reasoning. Belly-rubbingly good.