Curious: what litte bashing I’ve received has been a combination of
1. playground name-calling
2. (variation on 1.) playground pointing-and-shouting: observation of the blindingly obvious.
Ginger? Check. Like all gingers, though, we’re always surprised to find out–never having noticed it myself. I’m very grateful. If BB hadn’t pointed it out, I’d have died not knowing. Also, we all know that “ginger” is a terrible thing to be, and a truly awful name to call someone.
But now we have the addition of
3. a first–feeble, but early days yet–attempt at a post in “my” voice:
Mineral oil cured my bipolar disorder. *snort* – Jetfan 00:03:31 08/23/2011 (3)
- IT MAKES A FABULOUS LUBE TOO. I USED TO WHEN SHOVING CAMPELL SOUP CANS UP ASS FOR MY WEBCAM FOLLOWERS – SOOKIECUNTHOUSE 09:53:14 08/23/2011 (0)
- Scientific evidence does not support that theory. – gingerrama 07:54:53 08/23/2011 (0)
- Mineral oil cured all my ailments plus makes a fantastic lubricant for intercourse! Thanks Jetfan!! – I ❤ jetfan 07:34:13 08/23/2011 (0)
Squeee! Look!! Someone out there accurately spotted scepticism, and attempted to mimic how you formulate a true statement!!!
It gets better. One of “my pics” has been posted, without my consent, on BB. It’s this one here:
Here’s what’s said:
This is so appropriate for gingerrama’s profile – And yes, it came from her pics 09:59:18 08/24/2011 (2)
- That’s her to a T – God how I hate that bitch. 11:45:45 08/24/2011 (0)
- LOL. She’s a sad cunt…like her friends. Everyone hates jetfan but gingerdrama is equally disgusting. – nm 10:24:11 08/24/2011 (0)
- I’ll bet most hate you too. – .:. 11:53:13 08/24/2011 (0)
Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures of my whole head up on MUA, for obvious good reason. This must be very frustrating for bashers. Hence (rest of conversation is a repeat of previous bash of someone else re. a picture of them–not linked as link is broken–waves to “lacombelucien”–I won’t bore you with it):
Here’s what she looks like! Would you hire her to represent beauty and healthy skin? ROFLMAO – +++ 10:36:18 08/24/2011 (3)
- THE FUCK?????????????????? IF SHE’S A SO CALLED EXPERT THEN I WONDER WHAT JETFAN AND GINGERDRAMA’S FACES LOOK LIKE???? – I THINK I’M GOING TO GO AND THROW UP MY LUNCH NOW. 11:49:02 08/24/2011 (0)
But they’re right, that xkcd comic is spot on. Though I do think the Highland Coo is much better, given the rest of that post re. long hairs coming out of face pores. Hence MUA profile pic updated. Thanks, BB, you’re an inspiration!
Pros of that “appropriate for her profile” post:
- The image is linked rather than saved, copied, pasted. Maybe BB’s been on a legal crack-down on its members?
- Analogy, metaphor, imaginative sophistication, etc.
- An attempt is made at commentary and criticism.
- Nice try at a cunning manœuvre: to get me to post up a full
-frontal-facial recent photograph of yours truly, in full Technicolor™ glory, up close and personal, so as to prove I’m an expert.
Then again, that faceless stick-person is just right: slender; with perfectly smooth skin; and otherwise featureless, expressionless, and bland. The ideal MUAer?
- Errrrm, guyz, that pic is from an xkcd.com comic, and has been credited to them here, and on MUA. Just saying, to be clear, because I know someone on BB might be confused and think it’s a portrait from the life.
- Need to disentangle the whole simplistic “I hate this person” fluff from, you know, actual content. Does not help argument or case.
- Failure to spot irony (i.e., Ginger intention in posting image, self-deprecation) rebounds as a hoisting by own petard.
- Which original authorial intent would have been clear to–anyone with their eyes open and their brain switched on?–from the image that was my actual MUA profile pic at the time that a BBer had a flick through my MUA pics. Learn how to read, chaps:
Oh, and that image–my then profile pic–and the one that some smart researcher found by going to the trouble of actually clicking “next” once–were part of a series. See below, for pattern in recent images put up there. All are “visual comments” from this here blog–“an image speaks a thousand words.”
Yes, BB, quite right, well spotted: chosen because they’re also pretty good representations of Ginger O’Rama, better portraits in deeper and more meaningful ways than a RL snapshot would have been. Oooh, and that whole “online identity/persona” ≠ “alter-ego IRL” business.
That context, in reverse chronological order, newest first. Observe the beauties on pages 1-2 that our BBer cast aside. And if only they’d had the attention-span to click “Next” again, they’d have got to page 3 (hah–The Sun) and Brian and idiocracy! And maybe the world would have been a better place.
No, sorry, I don’t know why my chocolate collage turns up twice. My bad.
NEWSFLASH: discussion of hate crime on BBC Radio 4 today: Black Roses: The Killing of Sophie Lancaster and Black Roses Debate (playing right now).
Back to work for me now, after 15-min lunch inc writing this little joy.
Oh yes, and haters? Be careful, look after yourselves out there. There’s these things called laws.
As Jerry Springer would say: “Take care of yourself, and each other.” Haters, too. Peace out.