This one’s for Gita! (see this previous post)
The magic of metamorphosis: from loose powder to any other texture under the sun… in five transmogrifications. 1-2 are here, 3-5 tomorrow.
I. FIRST TRANSMUTATION
Basic method of use–same goes for other loose powdery stuff, but larger-scale–when deployed, well, alone on top of moisturiser & sunscreen:
- tip a teeny quantity into lid of jar, onto back of hand, or onto a clean sheet of paper
- dip in brush and swirl it around, to cover the fibres/bristles. Because I’m very short-sighted, I use those mini short-handled EcoTools brushes–let me find a picture–
–but any sort of brush claiming to be for eyeshadow or concealer will do, with that sort of small head, rounded-off shape. I.e. not a big fluffy brush, and not a thin fine-tipped one either.
- brush onto eyelid. Over to you on artistic effects here…
Here’s Fyrrinae’s version of events–the first of a few screenshots from the Horses’ Mouths on loose powder eyeshadow: Alima, Fyrrinae, and Silk Naturals (see also a bunch of Etsy sellers and other bandwaggon-jumpers). On any magic potions, I’ll add ingredients so you can see what sorts of things to look out for in other stuff, or indeed experiment with substituting everyday household DIY things. Like distilled water:
II. SECOND TRANSMUTATION
Next most basic method: on top of a primer, which affords more staying-power. Method here:
- apply usual skincare stuff
- apply a primer on top–suggestions coming up below–
- then buff on the makeup, as above.
Some primer suggestions:
- use cream shadow instead: Bobbi Brown, MAC (PP), Revlon, etc.
- Bare Escensuals
- ELF eyelid primer: there are at least two, more popular one = mineral
- LORAC Behind the Scenes eye primer
- MAC Prep + Prime Eye
- MAC Paint Pot (PP) in Painterly (there are currently nine shades, to blend in with skin-tone)
- Milk of magnesia (mixed with water)
- NARS e/s primer
- NYX HD Eyeshadow Base
- NYX White Shadow Base
- Sephora brand eye primer in a twisty pen
- Sonia Kashuk eye primer
- Tarte Lifted Eye Primer
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance (TFSI)
- Ulta own-brand eye primer
- Urban Decay Prep & Prime (UDPP)
Silk Naturals’ own suggestions: Stick Em’ Eye Shadow Enhancer ($4.99), Clear Mixing Medium ($2.00), Clear Cream Liner ($6.50):
Fyrinnae’s suggestion: Pixie Epoxy ($7.00)