Even those of a ginger persuasion have
souls a pretty, pink, sweetly-scented side.
We are delicate blossoms.
This is the blog of one such fragrant bloom, Ginger O’Rama (hence blog title). It offers for your greater delectation:
- Beautification, gingericiousness, and other frivolities and folly (hence blog sub-title).
- A certain amount of skin, hair, makeup, and other aspects of daily maintenance.
- Some quibblings about ethics, and other aspects of daily life.
- Including netiquette, nethics, and counter-trollism: c/o commentary on MakeupAlley discussion-board behaviour, and analysis of trolling.
- Chocolate, mostly of the ethical variety.
- Balancing life with sensitive skin, and living sensitively.
All with an unmitigated ginger edge, and all that red-hot business:
And promising to remain true to the gingerish nature: remaining irritable, prickly, hot & spicy, downright flammable, and best served pickled.
Cherry blossom: apparently, in flowery language, stands for beauty, the transience of life, and good education. Which seemed like an appropriate matching set. The other contenders for Vegetative Headliner were:
elderflower for compassion–
–also available in pink!
red daisy for beauty that is unknown to its possessor (a bit more interesting and grown-up than the usual white daisy for purity),
oxeye daisy for patience (with sensitive skin…),
and plum blossom for beauty and longevity
On the subject of longevity: later, there may be some beautiful, venerable, gnarly, elderly trees too. Seeing as how the Ginger is a bit of a tree-hugger. But such Justified Ancients are around year-round, whereas right now we are in the season of fresh evanescent blossom; so blossom wins for the sticky front post, to compensate for blossom not, well, sticking around forever IRL.
In the meantime, there will be chocolate to illustrate and punctuate the first few posts. As it the elixir of eternal youth.